The SBCC invites you to attend our “Meet & Greet” on Wednesday, July 15th, 5-7 pm at Weona Park in Pen Argyl. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet the Board of Director’s, Economic Development committee members and enjoy refreshments and network with the general membership. RSVP by July 9th, 610-588-0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See flyers.
If you have not done so already, please take a minute to fill out and return the SBCC Broadband Survey. GOLFERS WANTED, CALL TODAY! Mark your calendar and join us on July 20th for a fun day packed with golf, networking, food, prizes and more! Proceeds benefit 100% of our Scholarship Program. See flyer.
Thank you to Sharon Davis of Slate Belt Community Partnership & Jim Gloria of Totts Gap Arts Institute for speaking at our Summer Business Luncheon at the Wind Gap Park and Joyce of Café on Broadway in Wind Gap for the great lunch. Kudo’s to the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival at DeSales University for the fantastic night with the play Les Miserables.
Our Annual Bi Chamber Clambake will be held on Wednesday, August 19th. Again we would like to invite you to participate in a silent auction. We are asking chamber members to contribute a gift in the name of their company that will benefit their respective chamber. The donated item is to be given at your discretion, but we are adding an incentive plan in place that you will find hard to ignore! We are offering you the opportunity to obtain free clambake tickets that will coincide with the value of your gift. Valued donations of $100-$150 you may purchase one ticket at ½ price. Valued donations of $150 and over will receive 1 complimentary ticket. Your donation may be dropped off at the chamber office or we can pick it up. Should you wish to make a contribution, please contact the office by email with a description of your gift, value and when you will be dropping it off or arrange pick up. Last year we had over 250 chamber members and guests in attendance, don’t miss this networking opportunity. See attached flyers.
SAVE the DATES for this year’s Annual Longaberger Basket & Vera Bradley Bingo, September 13th, 1 pm at the Bangor Elks Lodge #1106, tickets $20 each and sponsor opportunities available.
And the Taste of the Slate Belt Business Expo, Wednesday, September 30th, 4-8 pm at Plainfield Township
Fire Company. Sign up to showcase your business! Reserve an 8’ table to display/sell your products and or your services. Let the residents of the Slate Belt know what your company is all about. Admission will be free and opened to the public. See attached flyers.
SBCC UPCOMING EVENTS
- 7/15: SBCC Meet & Greet 5-7 pm at Weona Park
- 7/20: Scholarship Golf Classic @ Woodstone Country Club
- 8/19: Annual Bi Chamber Clam Bake @ Evergreen Lake
- 9/13: Annual Basket & Vera Bradley Bingo
- 9/30: Taste of the Slate Belt Business Expo
- 10/20: SBCC Fall Business Luncheon @ Kirkridge
- More events to come……call with your suggestions!
- Summer Sounds Concerts, Wind Gap & Pen Argyl, 6 pm, Wind Gap Park 7/5, 7/19, 8/2, 8/16 & 8/30. Pen
- Argyl Park; 7/12, 7/26, 8/9, & 823.
- Pen Argyl Park is now doing Movies in the Amphitheatre, 7/25; Christmas in July
- 8/4: Bangor’s National Night Out, 5:30-8 PM at the Bee Hive. Join us for music, food & games.
- 8/15; Double header Hairspray 1988 & 2007.
- 7/9, 10 & 11th, 6 pm Liberty Fire Company Annual Carnival. 67 North 8th St., Bangor. Steamed Clams, Sausage, Burgers, and more.
- 7/10: Family Luau at Bangor Park, 610 -751-6792
- 7/17, 18 & 19TH Jacktown Steam Engine Show
- 7/21-25TH Roseto Big Time
- 7/21-25TH Plainfield Township Farmers Fair
- 8/8: Movie night featuring A Bug’s Life @ Bangor Park at dusk. FREE
- 8/18-22ND Blue Valley Farm Show
- 8/29, 30 & 31ST Pen Argyl Carnival
- 8/31ST Labor Day Parade, Pen Argyl
SBCC Officers & Directors
Steve Hurni, President
Mary Marshall, 1st Vice President
Jeff Ott, 2nd Vice President Fred Curcio, Secretary Rosemary Albert, Treasurer Nadine Moyer, Chairman One Year Directors
Rosemary Albert, Mary Marshall, Jewel Williamson-Burns, Nadine Moyer, Joann Ginder, Chuck Niclaus, Jeff Ott, Adolph
Two Year Directors
Paul Donovan, Jr., Lucy Flinn, Fred Curcio, Kim Armitage, Steve Hurni, Bryan Gault, Victor Rodite